A foreigner, who wants to register an LLP in Singapore, is required to appoint a locally resident manager for his LLP. The foreigner can continue to reside outside Singapore.

Foreigners who wish to set up an LLP and be present in Singapore to manage its operations are strongly advised to seek approval from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) before registration. The foreigner must engage the services of a registered filing agent (e.g. accounting firm or corporate secretarial firm) to submit the online application on his/her behalf.

Any person above the age of 18 years old can be a partner of a Limited Liability Partnership